The purpose of the Library is to provide internal and external users with access to bibliographic resources and other documentary information, necessary for the study and research of themes related to the activity developed by Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Lisboa, namely social action, health and education, among others.
The Library provides several services to meet the bibliographic and informational needs of users:
- Local consultation of books, newspapers and magazines;
- Reference service (consisting of personalized support for the execution of bibliographic research and the exploration of technical and scientific information resources);
- Home loans;
- Interlibrary loan;
- Reproduction of documents: users can request the reproduction of documents, in observance of the dispositions Copyright and Related Rights Code and the good preservation of bibliographic species;
- Acquisition suggestions.
- Books of the Week;
- Legislation Bulletin;
- Bibliographic Bulletin;
- Bulletin “Reading to Learn” – Children’s Literature;
- Access in the reading room to the Online Knowledge Library (b-on), a database that provides unlimited and permanent access to full texts of more than 16.750 international scientific publications from 16 publishers;
- Thematic Catalogues.
Working days, from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm, without interruption.
Closed on saturday, sunday and holidays.
Largo Trindade Coelho